Thursday, June 15, 2006

please spend more time on your CV!

I was reading some CV's from Industrial Internship applicants and this one caught my eye.

INTERESTS

1. Reading books and magazines

2. Web hosting

3. Surfing internet


I think she mistakenly entered her personal ads into her CV.. might as well be putting in "Enjoy intelligent conversation and occasional walks on the beach"

hmm.. I don't think your future boss would like to hire a person who likes to read books and magazines and surfs the internet.. I'm not sure what she meant with Web hosting as one of her interests...

There's absolutely nothing in the CV that would make me want to hire this person. No listed achivements, projects undertaken, etc... just bleak information on the person, her address, email address and contact numbers and which school she has been to... bleak...

Please spend more than 5 minute on your CV, it could be the difference between getting an interview or the CV being chucked into the waste basket on first sight, in this case.

** oh yeah and my colleague just showed me a picture attached with one of the CVs he was reviewing. It was a picture of the applicant in his worn t-shirt and equally worn baseball cap, sitting in a mamak stall drinking teh tarik! gawd these people need to be slapped silly!

1 comment:

  1. PAnggil je diorang tu dtg interview....saje buang masa diorang sbb diorang dah buang masa nko....hahahaha..
    boleh gak layan bodo2...
    kalau aku laaaaaa....

    ReplyDelete