Thursday, November 24, 2005

opss...

As part of the team to provide real-time machine reporting at my company, I wrote a client software and few hours ago pilot run on a few machines. To me everything went very well, the status parameters before this unknown to management suddenly became visible through our spiffy new web based report. Real-time rocks baby!

Right away my management noticed that all this while the machines (that I piloted run my client software and possibly more ) were wrongly configured thus causing the maximun output for those machines to be limited to only 50% of the machine capabilities. This means that the company is paying double the cost (when you put dollar and cents to it) for each unit of product that goes through the machine. That's a lot of loss, that's few million of dollars! maybe even billions... ok I'm being dramatic here.. :P

A big hoohaaaa followed when emails started to fly from management to responsible parties and opss my name and my client software was in the emails.. I think I'm liked less now down at the production floor. :P I can see it now.. *** scene of me instead of Keller being shanked by an unknown inmate in dark storage room in OZ**

Sorry guys, I'm under orders to do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment