Tuesday, May 30, 2006

finally!!!!

In the spirit of a true malaysian, I finally submitted my tax return forms this morning. I have been mad busy for the past 2 months (reunion, inlaw's wedding, munchkins gramp passed away, etc) that I just could not find the time to do it! So I opted for the e-filing option due to extended dateline to may 31st.

Anyhow, last week I started to sit down and get on to do it only to be faced with loads of problems. Oh man! errors after errors being spit back at me by the blasted e-filing system. Turned out my income tax number on my EA form from my employer was missing a trailing 0. I checked against the hardcopy tax return form that I received.

Ok down with that then second error comes up saying that my ID number does not match my tax number! What the hell! after calling and calling the IRB and finally yesterday foudn out that the security certificate slip that I collected was not activated by the IRB staff that handed it to me few weeks ago. The nice gentleman on the phone activated for me so I can fianlly generate my security cert and download the form.

After filling up the at home ( for confidentiality reasons, I didn't want to do my tax in the office, gila ka?) when I click on submit btton nothign happens!!! arghkhhhhh another headache... and their help line only opens on office hours.. I turned off my firewall, etc and still nothign happens.. I have the uncanny suspicion that my XP installation at home is fucked up. Seems some network packets gets dropped for no reasons.. I can't use ftp, etc from the pc before..

So there I was, doing my tax return in the office this morning and alhamdulillah.. it went through and I got the slip penerimaan from the e-filing system.

Fuhhhhh lega!!! now I can go back to kauntan for the wedding with peace! it took me 1 whole week to figure out why it didn't work.. so if you don't know what you're doing, best to go to the IRB office and get the staff there to help you out.

2 comments:

  1. Same here eddie, last minute punya keje lah katakan, my problem was masa nak install Adobe 7.0 pun problem giler, pastuh biler nak d/load digicert tuh problem plak, network down tetiba. Lastly, biler dapat hantar the form! fuhh legaa.

    p/s: mana samsu? dah jumpa ke?

    ReplyDelete
  2. all - same here...time aku nak download adobe tu, site tu down.....*^Q#^^#$%%^&!!

    tepaksa bawak balik wireless router and laptop ke kampung, finally siapkan kat umah adik ipar...(ethernet card rosak..nak tak nak ken apakai wireless gak..hahah)
    Aku pun dah slamat hantar on may 30.
    nanti aku post dlm blog my story on e filing plakss..

    ReplyDelete