Sunday, January 6, 2008

stupid advertlet screwup costed me money!

I got this msg from nuffnang...

Hi Eddie,

We notice that your blog has been affected by the recent Advertlets' saga where any visitors to your blog are automatically redirected to an empty parking domain as a result of Advertlets' oversight in renewing their domain.

As a result of that, for the past 2 days up to now in which Advertlet's website has been down, your blog did not manage to meet the promised unique visitor target for the relevant advertiser and your earnings will have to be deducted accordingly.

To prevent your earnings from being deducted any further, please remove the Advertlets' code from your blog at least until they have restored their website again.

Thank you very much and please feel free to drop me a mail if you have any questions.

Have a great day ahead.


Best Regards,
Samantha Wong
Nuffnang Sdn Bhd

This morning I was nonchalant about advertlet screwup and casually removed their adcode from my template. Now that I found out that the screw up actually costed me money from my earning from nuffnang, I am pissed.

I'm not mad at nuffnang for deducting the earning because it's true that due to the redirection, the advertisers are not getting the promised unique visitors. I fully support this step by nuffnang.

I'm sure the blogger community will respond negatively to advertlet screwup. I can see the demise of advertlet just around the corner for loosing teh trust of the blogging community & especially advertisers.

4 comments:

  1. uhm, just wanted to ask.. is nuffnang the same as advertlets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. luckily I have remove advertlets month a go

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i encountered the same thing!! they kept redirecting my page to some god-knows-what page! i couldnt even update my blog it was so ridiculous!! I've gotten rid of advertlets for good! very stupid lah this Advertlets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. car,
    Nuffnang and Advertlets are both Malaysian based blog advertising network. They are own and run by different people though.

    Personally I prefer Nuffnang. :D

    ReplyDelete