Thursday, February 16, 2006

Send that rubbish back to the kitchen!


Ok, this reminds me of a rather recent terrible experience I had at American Chilies Restaurant at Mid Valley Megamall.. Don't worry, I was not fed rubbish there.. just that my order of ribs became a piece of rubber!. The portion looks minuscule not because it's a smaller portion, but because the meat had shrunk due to excessive heat.. mangsa kebakaran!

I didn't want to be such a fuss but I'm not paying RM 45.95 for a piece of crap on a warm plate. I called up the waiter and asked for the manager. A nice malay lady came over to our table and apologize profusely upon seeing what I was trying in vain to cut with my dinner utensils..

I was offered a replacement dish, but with munchkins half way through her favourite steak, I just opted for the same steak that she was having... Who cares, my evening was destroyed.. I was in no mood to eat but I was so hungry having no meal all day long.. so I decided to wait for the replacement dish anyway.

Here's where American Chilies won me over again. From my table I could see the manager herself brought my dish back to the kitchen, talked to one of the kitchen staff and WAITED at the kitchen entrance until the dish is complete some 15 minutes later.

She personally took them to my table and get me a new pair dinner utensils. She waited by the table to make sure that I was happy with the dish, with a friendly smile all the way. The steak was done nicely, medium, just like I ordered it.

American Chillies, the food quality maybe going down the crapper but the service is still top notch in my book.

5 comments:

  1. don't know whether its a prank, but it's waaaaayyyyy out of line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adoi.. we shud just buy fast food because there's no way that they can take it out from the trach can except fot he cabbage and the salad i guess.. sigh. the world is crazier than it seems...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. สมัครบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. สล็อตjokerฟรีเครดิต

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks slot online terbaik dan terpercaya

    ReplyDelete