Monday, February 6, 2006

who read books?

Apparently I've been tagged.. so here goes..

1. What is the total number of books you own?
- since childhood? loads..

2.
What WAS the last book you bought?
- erm this book about making juices.. I mean seriously.. there's juices recipes in there that will knock your socks off.. eg like watermelon juice with star anise (bunga lawang) in them..which reminds me I'm making some ice blended guava juice today.. perfect companion to our nasik lemak we're having today..

3. What WAS the last book you read?
- the juice book!

4.
What are the 5 books that mean a lot to you?
- i. Hikayat 1001 malam (Arabian Nights)
My arwah dad used to buy me a few books from the collection of 12 books each time he goes on assignment in KL. ( We were in kuching then, I was 10). Means a lot to me.. The book flew me to places unimaginable to the 10 years old me. I had almost all of the 12 books... in my mum's place.

ii. Wargames
The book that started my interest in computers and the fantasy that one day I will fuck a girl-machine who looks like brooke shield. I read the book which could have been adapted from the movie.. hmm book adaptation of a movie.. kinda terbalik don't you think... :P

iii. The juice book.. I forgot the exect title.. will update later
OH MY FUCKING SOCKS!!! this book rules! the recipes are mind blowing! I bought a blender just for this! ok not a whole blender, but the juicing mill coz I already had a blender..

iv. Incident Respond and
Computer Forensics
A OK.. good book on the subject.. but I left it on the dashboard of my car in a hot hot day.. the glue that binds the pages melted and the book was destroyed.. very very sad.. it's important to me because it reminded me to take good care of books that I buy.. since very seldom that I do buy books and more than often it's expensive!

v. an old system V handbook I found in the uni's library
my first unix experiance.. and read up on smtp and wrote my first utility to send out anonymous email. Used it to sent out a birthday greeting from the King (Yang Di Pertuan Agong) to ET.. hehehe remember that? . Oh second utility I wrote was a mail bomber that used to overloaded Edaureen Muhammad Nor's email account with Big Ed's Jokes Mailing list. 50000 email.. SWEET!!! . She started to call me That Yellow Bustard since then. But we've been friends since so good thing do come around from being nottie.. :P

hmm ok, I better stop mentioning stuff I did in univ before terpecah tembelang here...

5.
What book(s) do you wish to buy next?
- erm.. Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential.. erm my birthday's coming up next month ehemmmm :P

6.
What book(s) have you owned for so long but never read them?
- erm.. Panduan Fardhu Ain... I'm ashamed!

7.
Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
erm what stick?
ok I like to tag the following persons
1. ET coz I like recursions..
2. JAWA coz I want him to stop watching smallville for a few minutes.. hehehee
3. SAMSU coz he has not wrote anything in ages.. dok sibuk bercinta dengan dentist dia tuh.. pathuiii..

8.
Your books collection in one picture:
- ermm you're kidding rite?


No comments:

Post a Comment