Thursday, October 7, 2004

october here, where's my jaring broadband?

3 months ago, Jaring told everyone that theya re rolling out wireless broadband with help of SOMA networks from US. With this technology, they need only 10 base stations to cover klang valley, they said. My heart jumped on hearing this as I have been waiting for broadband since I moved to desa petaling in June. Turned out dispite being in the kalng valley, Desa petaling is a broadband black hole. Well much of the country is broadband blackhole.

Next week is going to be the promised mid October that Dr Mohamed Awang Lah promised malaysian jaring broadband. Still no news of this product. I sure hope that this is not going to be another AtlasOne/ NasionCom. Please don't..

I don't understand why it takes tmnet so long to roll out their streamyx to all overthe nation. Ok I'll be satisfied if the whole of klang valley is covered. I knwo a lot of people are waiting for it, demand is high, and no supply would mean heads will roll in many businesses. But not in TMNET.. gosh.. it's so heart breaking to see such model by one of the biggest bumi companies around. Perhaps us bumis are better off as clerks.. simply due to we are hopelessly incompetent?

* roti canai breakfast today, my wholegrain bread gone bad
* cheque finally cleared, now to spend it.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment