Sunday, January 16, 2005

the drapes are up!

finally... yay for me and munchkins.. I also put the computer back together again and moved it to munchkin's study room. Installed wall fan and a shelf too so that it's not all warm and stuffy in there. I must have inhaled some dust from the drilling that I did, coz I feel horrible the rest of the weekend. Runnign nose, headache, felt like fever coming up .. so I boiled us some barley.

Friday was TZ's last day before she's leaving for germany. She released some scripts that her replacement and a tech wrote to production the day before and all hell broke loose comes friday morning. It must have been 60 plus machines down, filesystem corrupted, got moved around like crazy, thanks to the faulty script. Reminds me of my first screwup not few years ago. So we spent the whole day from 8am to 10pm working, cracking our head trying to bring things up. Nobody had lunch eventho boss went and bought KFC for everyone. I did take time off to go for friday prayers. The rest of the team worked non stop.

I took another break at 4pm because I promised JH to move his server to the new IP range. The move was a breeze but then everything started to fall apart the instant DNS got repointed to the new IP. So there I was, going through codes to change things. Cyrus SASL db apparently stores auth as user@host! so we ended up having to recreate user acocunts for that apllication. 86 users and JH said he'll share the task to create those accounts. It would have taken us few hours to do so but I decided to whip up a script to do it in 15 seconds. Hehehe.. who wants to do data entry, not me, never!

Anyway things got back to order by 8pm. Munchkins picked me up from after her class and we rushed back to send my brother to KLIA. Went back home around midnight and slept like a log. Woke up with an unbelievable hardon, hmm something wrong somewhere? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment