Monday, February 7, 2005

interesting read, no doubt

Like that Xp desktop you're using?. check out GUI time line of how graphical user interface get to where it is today. You can see that Microsoft may not be the first but currently they are the best only after Apple in user interface. Not everyone of us could afford a mac now rite? check it out here..

I remember that I hated windows 3.11.. prefer the "Direct Access" menu running on my DOS 6.2.2. Funny reason behind it was the first computer that I saw and used belongs to a lefty (I think) because after I get my own computer (age 17), I was using the mouse with my left hand. No wonder I always had to change the mouse button preference in windows 3.11.

*** added 11:19am after 100000000 seconds of boredom

Check out this video link of Steve Balmer (Current Microsoft CEO) selling Microsoft Windows 1.0 in a TV commercial. Apparently there was a need to integrate Lotus 1-2-3 with Miami Vice back then.."

No comments:

Post a Comment